Princeton, June 3, 2022 – Over 210 people gathered at Great Meadow Farm in Lawrenceville on Thursday, June 1st, to support Share My Meals during a sold-out fundraising event hosted by Elements and Mistral restaurants and featuring 20 European winemakers.
Share My Meals is a Princeton, NJ-based nonprofit organization that fights food insecurity and the environmental impact of food waste by recovering and delivering healthy meals to the local communities.
“We are grateful for the amazing show of support Share My Meals keeps receiving from residents of the Princeton area,” said Isabelle Lambotte, the nonprofit President. “Although we founded Share My Meals just two years ago, we have already achieved so much. This event is a testimony to the place Share My Meals has carved in the community as our food donors and volunteers work hard to feed people in need.”
- 130,000 healthy meals were distributed in Princeton and neighboring townships of Montgomery, Lawrenceville, and Trenton
- 180 families and 10 community partners serving a total of 850 persons
- 40+ volunteers
- 27 Food Donors (Large food service providers and Princeton University Eating Clubs)
- Tech-enabled platform to assist logistics and assure compliance with high safety standards
- More than $1.2 million budget in only two years
- 7 employees, 3 of them are members of Share My Meals Inclusion Program
Share My Meals is growing and needs volunteers and donors to continue serving the community. Go to Sharemymeals.org to make a donation or to join the team of volunteers in your local community.
About Share My Meals
Share My Meals is a 501(c) (3) organization making the bridge between food donors with surplus meals to donate and the local communities in need. Founded in 2020, Share My Meals’s tagline is:
Save a meal, feed a family, protect the planet
For more information visit: www.sharemymeals.org.