These policies are intended to guide board members and volunteer inappropriate social media interactions.
When posting on your own social media
- Respect the privacy and confidentiality of those we serve.
- Be honest about your identity.
- Make it clear that the views you expressed are yours alone.
- Remember that you speak for yourself, but your actions reflect back to Share My Meals.
- If you post outside of SMM, and it relates to your work at Share My Meals, use a disclaimer such as this: “The postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent positions, strategies, or opinions. of Share My Meals ”
- Use your common sense.
- Remember that all communication remains in cyberspace.
- Respect the privacy of offline conversations.
- Don’t write anything you can’t say in public.
- Be respectful and civil to fellow volunteers.
When posting on Share My Meals social media or when commenting a Share My Meals post
- Identify yourself—name and, when relevant, your role at SMM—when you post something about our organization.
- Tag people or organizations whenever possible
- Use appropriate hashtags
- Respect copyright.
- Don’t cite or reference clients, partners, volunteers, or vendors without their approval.
- Commercial or solicitation postings are not allowed.
- Do not post any religious, political, sexist, ethnically or racially offensive, or obscene messages.
Messages or postings that do not meet these etiquette standards may be removed.