Corporations and organizations are contributing to fighting food insecurity and preserving the environment by donating surplus prepared meals to Share My Meals in a legally safe and financially sound manner.
Share My Meals offers the Win-Win Solution that enables the recovery of your meals’ surplus to distribute them the same day to the house of the food insecure people of your community.
By joining the Share My Meals Movement, you and your organizations are contributing to bringing healthy meals to the door of our neighbors in need, and you are also contributing to reducing food waste and protecting the environment.
With Share My Meals your organization feeds families in Princeton, Montgomery, Lawrenceville, and Trenton.
|TWO PROBLEMS: FOOD INSECURITY AND FOOD WASTE|
|An Increasing Food Insecure Population
The Expense of Food Waste in the US
The Food Recovery Landscape
What do we offer?
The Waste Watcher Program is a self-sustainable food recovery process, approved by the local health departments, that allows FREE recovery & distribution of surplus meals from cafeterias of local corporations, dining halls of universities, and catered events organized at convention centers or hotels to food-insecure members of the local community.
Benefits and Protection Offered by Share My Meals Waste Watcher Program:
- Provides food-insecure families with access to healthy meals.
- Creates tangible environmental impact via food waste reduction. (link to CO2 reduction impact).
- Protects the food donor from any liability issues thanks to The Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Act as the meals are donated in good faith to a non-profit organization that serves a vulnerable population.
- Provides enhanced tax savings to meals donors. (Calculation link to be provided)
- Reduces the cost of leftovers disposal.
- Builds employee engagement by demonstrating Corporate Social Responsibility.
What drives us?
- The moral imperative to rebalance the “Food Equation”.
Far too many people go hungry while food waste negatively impacts the environment. Share My Meals strives to solve these two issues at a grassroots level.
- Unique opportunity to address the existing gaps in the food recovery landscape.
While hundreds of regional and statewide food banks have traditionally relied on donations of single items like canned food, processed food, or produce from retailers and manufacturers, there are very few recovery initiatives and no other one in New Jersey that recover healthy meals from foodservice providers to distribute them directly to the home of the food insecure community.