2020 was a difficult year on so many fronts. Yet in its first year, Share My Meals quickly pivoted its work, elevating its support for the food insecure in Princeton. Share My Meals with the support of its amazing team of volunteers was able to:
- Deliver more than 43,000 healthy meals to more than 100 families in our community as well as support Adventis Community Center, Arm & Arm, and Cub School with thousands of bagels.
- Grew our restaurant providers to include Meeting House, Trattoria Procaccini, Mezzaluna, Kristine’s, and the Bagel Nook not to mention the Simply Grazin farm for its donations of organic meats and Honey Brook Organic farm for its weekly donations of fresh produce.
- Received gifts from 375 individual donors and 43 from foundations, organizations, and corporations.
- Helped by almost 70 dedicated volunteers throughout the year.
The impact of the all-volunteer team in 2020 can not be overstated. Each volunteer made a difference in addressing the food insecurity of our neighbors.
With your support we have already gotten off to a strong start in 2021! We had an amazing January delivering 4,635 meals. Additionally, we began supporting the Princeton Cornerstone Community Kitchen with 50 meals each Wednesday for a seniors’ community. Beginning last week, we also began supporting the Princeton Learning Center with 50 meals weekly for the children under the free and reduced meals program.
As we work to meet the expanding needs of our community, we continue to need volunteers. If you are already volunteering with us, we thank you for your valuable support. If you are considering volunteering, please go to sharemymeals.org/volunteering-with-us.
We are currently looking to:
- Expand our team to deliver meals up to three to five days a week
- Identify someone to assist with Communication and Public Relations (a few hours per month)
- Get the support of talented volunteers to serve in our committees including
- Communication & marketing
- Community outreach (Spanish speaking preferable)
- Gleaning (working with the farms who support SMM)
Please reach out to us at [email protected] if interested in starting volunteering or in expanding the support you already provide.
The feedback from the recipients of the healthy meals we provide has been gracious and wonderful. A few examples include:
“… you ensure we have food on our table for our children is a blessing. Thank you very much and blessings”
“Thank you very much for bringing the food. Have a safe and blessing day!”
“Thank you very much. Just because they take us into account to have a dish of food for my children at our table is a blessing…a thousand thanks and blessings”
“Thank you very much to all the volunteers. Bless them.”
Our mission remains to alleviate hunger and food waste. We greatly appreciate the support of our partners, donors, and volunteers as we work to achieve our mission.
SMM Board of Trustees