We Are a Learning Organization
This has been a month of continuous learning and growth fueled by our amazing volunteers. For starters, I would like to welcome the following new volunteers:
Andrea, Betsy, Paul, Sandy, Marian, Melissa (Lister), Jodi, Sundi, Christine, Melissa (Molnar), Anne, and Alison
And we needed every volunteer given what we achieved in March:
- Began weekly meal deliveries to Adventist Community Center in Lawrenceville
- Began weekly meals for Iglesia Evangelica Emanuel Camino De Santidad of Trenton
- Delivered a total of 7,235 meals not to mention the 1000’s of bagels, bread, and servings of soup
- Supported a total of 869 people (a record!)
- Added new partner restaurants including: Fedora, Princeton Soup and Sandwich and Blue Bears
- Expanded our operation to Lawrenceville and Montgomery
This growth was made possible through a grant received from NJ Economic Development Authority and many other generous donations. The growth was realized because of volunteers, you!
Feedback from those we support:
“Thank Share My Meals. This is a life saver. It really is.”
“I work three jobs and I have no time to wait in line at food banks. When I get home after a long hard day at work, I am so grateful when I see the Share My Meals has delivered a nice, warm, nutritious meal.”
Volunteer Survey…Results Are In
Your feedback is what fuels our continuous learning. Many of you were gracious enough to complete our volunteer survey and you provided us with insightful feedback. Most importantly we want to let you know we heard you. The Share My Meals Board has reviewed in dept and is working a set of action plans.
Some survey highlights:
- 20 volunteers completed the survey
- 68.5% identifying as delivering 1 or More Times Per Week
- 94% indicated they are Very Likely to continue volunteering
- 85% indicated they Feel Like Part of the Share My Meals Team
- All but 1 question received a rating of 4.0 or better
- Based on qualitative (loved your comments) and quantitative results, highlights of the actions being taken include:
- Continue support provided during deliveries
- Consider options to improve the volunteer driving experience
- Identify opportunities to improve onboarding experience
- Increase communication to make volunteers feel more informed and included in our mission
- Give opportunities to volunteers who offered their skills to support our operations besides delivery including families experiences
- Increase brand awareness
- Include volunteers in celebration of Share My Meals success
Your feedback really is a gift, and we hope you will continue to share as we work to enable Share My Meals to address Food Waste and Food Insecurity.
What Is Coming UP!
Gleaning: it is that time of year again to roll up your sleeves and help with our gleaning program. Last year the team proved that farming is hard work and a whole bunch of fun! This is a great opportunity for families too. If interested, please contact [email protected].
Fundraising- Exhibition: From May 4th to May 9th, Carole Jury will exhibit her work, Reinvention, at 19 Hulfish. Share My Meals will be the non-profit partner highlighted during the exhibit. During the event we will have a volunteer available to answer any questions about Share My Meals. There will be opportunities to sign-up coming your way later this month.
Deliveries: we continue to need your support for deliveries. Whether it is 1 time per month or multiple times per week, your support is appreciated. If you have not delivered lately, we have added more options including those for families. Sign up at: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0d45aaaa22a6ff2-pickup
Fundraising – Event: ATINMOTION is linking with Athleta and Marketfair to hold an outdoor workout at 9:00 am on May 1 (May 2 rain date). Share My Meals will be highlighted as a partnering non-profit and we will be in attendance and conducting fundraising. If you are interested in participating in the workout go to: https://atinmotion.punchpass.com/classes/8161497.
Thank you for all you do for our community!
Share My Meals Board